We are looking forward to seeing you tomorrow in San Rafael. Here are the last minute details.
1. We are meeting at 4:00pm on the corner of Grand and Acacia in San Rafael, CA. If you arrive after 4:00pm, please make your way to campus and find us in the free speech zone near Angelico Hall.
2. It’s going to be hot and sunny tomorrow. Projected high in San Rafael is 91 degrees. Bring water, sunscreen and sunglasses.
3. Wear Green. Bring signs, cameras and video cameras.
4. Be flexible about parking because traffic in San Rafael, during rush hour, is always a nightmare. Budget time for your search for parking into your travel plans.
PARKING OPTION 1. From 101 going North take the Central San Rafael exit and turn right onto Irwin/2nd Street. Take a left onto Union (at the Whole Foods Market) and then a left onto Belle. The far end of Belle is the closest to Dominican, where it intersects with Elm Street (past Coleman Elementary but before Marin Tennis Club). We are hoping that we can park in the school lot since it will be after hours. If not, park on the street.
PARKING OPTION 2. From 101 (also going North) take Central San Rafael exit and go left onto 3rd Street. Take a right onto Lincoln, drive for a mile or two and take a right onto Linden Lane. This will take you under the freeway. When you emerge from the underpass, you take a hard right/Uturn onto Elm. Drive until you see Belle Ave. It looks like they will have staff directing traffic a block away if you take this route.
PARKING OPTION 3. If you can’t find parking off Belle and Elm, go to Montecito Mall. Park and walk up Grand Avenue to Acacia.
5. For those who want extra online information, read the traffic report for debate night http://www.srpd.org/pr/index.php?article-id=65.
Call Marnie Glickman if you have additional questions or suggestions at 415-472-2859.